Join ExtendMyStaff TodaySign Up Now
A small but rapidly growing law firm is in need of a friendly and energetic contract assistant to help Escrow Officers complete real estate closings and keep attorneys focused and productive by assisting with a range of administrative tasks.
This position will spend approximately 50% of the time on general administrative tasks for a law office and 50% of the time on duties related to closing real estate transactions.
Legal Administrative Responsibilities:
- Answering phones, screening calls
- Greeting visitors to our office
- Collecting intake and payment information
- Sending, receiving, opening and sorting mail
- Preparing meeting agendas, taking notes, compiling and distributing task assignments
- Creating, documenting and maintaining office procedures
- Creating and maintaining files; keeping file room organized; scanning and purging old files
- Entering data in software programs; creating, running and distributing pre-defined reports
- Making, sorting, distributing, organizing and preparing copies to be signed by attorneys and clients
- Reading, researching, reviewing, verifying, and routing correspondence, reports and legal documents
- Drafting letters, documents and other correspondence
- Maintaining attorney schedules, organizing client conferences and meetings
- Following-up on delegated assignments
- Documenting and inputting attorney billable time and expenses; preparing invoices; tracking and receiving payments.
- Keeping client/attorney information confidential.
- Maintaining office supplies by checking stocks; placing and expediting supply orders
- Completing preventive maintenance on office equipment and calling for repairs when needed
- Other related duties as assigned
Closing Assistant Responsibilities:
- Supporting Escrow Officer with opening and inputting transaction information in RamQuest.
- Assisting in resolution of curative and funding issues, clearing tax and payoff issues, verifying tax payments and delinquencies
- Ordering payoffs, tax certificates, homeowner association certificates, surveys.
- Preparing HUD-1 Settlement Statements and Closing Disclosures and prepare the files for closing.
- Communicating process, requirements, deadlines and other information to sellers, buyers, lenders and other involved individuals
- Understanding contracts and how they relate to closing and preparing all documents required for transactions
- Placing calls to borrowers, members, lenders, attorneys, and any other associates working together to resolve funding matters.
- Other related duties as assigned
- Associate's degree with studies in law, real estate, business or other applicable field of study
- 3+ years working in an office as an administrator, secretary, or other assistant role AND
- 3+ years working as a closing assistant, escrow officer or other role with a title company or fee attorney
- Understanding and experience with the entire real estate transaction process
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Friendly, outgoing, personable, dependable, trustworthy
- Proficiency with computers and office equipment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), Google (Gmail, Calendar, Drive), and real estate closing software
- English / Spanish bilingual highly preferred
- 5+ years working as a closing or escrow assistant or as an escrow officer
- 5+ years working in law office
- Undergraduate degree
- Texas Notary
- Proficiency with RamQuest and Clio
- Title Company: 3 years
- Legal Office: 1 year
This Project is seeking consultants.
This is not a remote position.
This position does not require travel.
Project Salary - Hourly
Minimum Range In Dollars:
Maximum Range In Dollars:
- Admin/Office Support
- Estate Planning
- File Clerk
To apply for this project, log in as a consultant and search for the Project ID number.
Sign Up Now