Join ExtendMyStaff TodaySign Up Now
This is a part-time position.
- Have excellent spoken and written communication skills.
- Be able to read, write, and speak fluently in both Spanish & English.
- Be punctual, reliable, and professional.
- Have an excellent eye for detail, be a perfectionist.
- Understand how to use alphabetical filing systems.
- Be able to multitask and manage time efficiently.
- Track and meet deadlines.
- Be capable of following a script when screening calls.
- Be able to follow [and recall] instructions for a given [repetitive] task.
- Know how to proficiently use Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Be able to maintain a professional demeanor.
- Be familiar with multi-line phone system, copier, computer, and printer.
- Own a vehicle in good working condition.
- Able to lift up to 50lbs on occasion.
Required license or certification:
- Driver's License
Receptionist duties include the following:
- Promptly answer incoming calls by the 3rd ring.
- Screen incoming calls, guidelines are provided.
- Verify information collected from callers.
- Answer simple client questions re: court appearance dates.
- Document all incoming client calls and new business calls.
- Stop solicitors from wasting the attorneys' & other staffs' time.
- Promptly deliver client messages to responsible attorney and staff.
Front of Office
- Greet clients and visitors who come to the office.
- Offer and serve refreshments [coffee/water/tea].
- Maintain cleanliness of front office area.
- Recycle old magazines and news papers, etc.
- Restock fridge with bottled water as needed.
- Maintain a clean & organized work space.
- Sort and deliver incoming packages and mail.
Legal Assistant duties include the following:
- Create & maintain client files.
- Obtain paperwork from the county and district clerk's offices as directed.
- Scan newly obtained paperwork to the client server file.
- File physical documents in the client file.
- Update front of file labels to reflect court date changes.
- Refile client files in the filing cabinet for easy retrieval.
- Create and maintain client files in Amicus.
- Add client and appropriate court contacts to the Amicus file.
- Archive closed case files for transport to the warehouse for storage.
- Attach calendar settings to Amicus files.
- Ensure all court settings for all clients are on the calendar.
- Ensure all clients have been notified of their up coming court appearances.
- Draft letters.
- Run documents to other law firms or file at a Clerks office.
- Pick up discovery from County and District Attorney's offices.
- Print and organize discovery and other assorted case materials.
- Assorted tasks and projects.
- Office Assistant: 1 year
This Project is seeking consultants.
This is not a remote position.
This position does not require travel.
Project Salary - Hourly
Minimum Range In Dollars:
Maximum Range In Dollars:
- Admin/Office Support
- File Clerk
To apply for this project, log in as a consultant and search for the Project ID number.
Sign Up Now