Join ExtendMyStaff TodaySign Up Now
This is a contract position.
- Assist the Global Technology & Sourcing (“GT&S”) team within the client’s legal function.
- GT&S provides legal support to the client’s Indirect Procurement (“IP”) and centralized Information Technology and Services (“IT&S”) functions.
- The candidate will require a good grounding in negotiating commercial contracts, including outsourcing, technology licensing and development, and general services arrangements.
- The candidate should also have an awareness of cybersecurity, digital technologies, and data protection issues and experience with procurement/sourcing strategies and practices. The types of goods and services procured by IP include: IT services, software, and hardware; telecommunications; technology development; outsourcing arrangements; professional services and contingent labor; construction and facilities management; and travel.
Skills Required :
- 7-10 years’ relevant experience
- JD degree from an accredited US law school
- Valid, active license to practice law in any state in the US and, if not licensed to practice in Texas, willing and able to become licensed
- Experience in either an in-house legal function or a major US law firm
- Experience negotiating and drafting commercial/procurement contracts, including outsourcing arrangements.
- Experience supporting procurement and/or IT functions (preferred).
- Ability to work in a fast paced and rapidly evolving environment
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Strong legal skills including a solid understanding of commercial contracts, intellectual property, IT and data protection legal issues.
- Commercial awareness and ability to apply sound business judgment to provide pragmatic solutions.
Duties & Responsibilities :
- Work closely with IT&S and IP in order to deliver their strategic goals and highlighting key risks and issues where appropriate.
- Maintaining IP contract templates and delivering training to IP and IT&S.
- Negotiating and drafting a wide range of general commercial agreements.
- Keep up to date with legal developments and contribute to the sharing of knowledge within the GT&S team and clients.
- Contract interpretation and dispute resolution.
This Project is seeking consultants.
This is not a remote position.
This position does not require travel.
Project Salary - Hourly
Minimum Range In Dollars:
Maximum Range In Dollars:
- Contract Attorney
To apply for this project, log in as a consultant and search for the Project ID number.
Sign Up Now