Join ExtendMyStaff TodaySign Up Now
This is a part-time position.
The individual in this role will assist attorneys in both office and case management. This is a hands-on position that involves working collaboratively with clients and employees and attorney vendors of the firm.
- Coordinate the client billing process for attorneys; compile attorney and paralegal earned fees according to client billing cycle.
- Communicate directly with third party billers, clients, partners, associates, paralegals, secretaries, and administrative staff in connection with various aspects of client and attorney coverage billing.
- Perform necessary preparatory steps for submitting bills electronically or conventionally; Review and confirm accuracy of billing and supporting documentation.
- Research, troubleshoot, and respond timely to billing issues inquiries.
- Coordinate attorney’s calendars/schedules.
- Maintain current status of billing workload; prepare spreadsheets, reports, and materials necessary to track billings and on items to be billed.
- Follow up on outstanding billing and assist with collection efforts.
- One year of billing experience professionally.
- Maintain a pleasant customer service oriented demeanor and a positive, proactive disposition.
- Requires critical thinking skills, superior communication and organizational skills, decisive judgment, and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to perform data entry accurately in a high-volume environment.
- Ability to enter, manipulate, and retrieve information using a computer.
- Ability to follow directions and adhere to operational guidelines and procedures.
- Ability to multi-task effectively and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of business English, spelling, and business math.
- Familiarity with using standard office machines, including photocopiers, scanners, fax machine, telephones, and computers.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook required - Ability to use MS Word, Excel, and Outlook is essential
- High School Diploma or its equivalent required.
- Familiarity with a document management system, i.e. Clio
- 2+ years of prior legal secretary experience supporting litigators, preferably in a high-volume, fast-paced law firm environment.
This Project is seeking consultants.
This is not a remote position.
This position does not require travel.
Project Salary - Hourly
Minimum Range In Dollars:
Maximum Range In Dollars:
- Admin/Office Support
- File Clerk
To apply for this project, log in as a consultant and search for the Project ID number.
Sign Up Now