Join ExtendMyStaff TodaySign Up Now
This is a contract position.
The Attorney Landman will evaluate Oil & Gas and other energy-related transactions by verifying interests in and to minerals, leases, wells and other properties, based on document research and interest calculations. The nature of the work is both collaborative and independent. He or she will be expected to report and explain individual findings while also cooperate with other team members to achieve project goals and meet deadlines.
The primary objective of this position is to serve the Company's mission through performing superior quality land and title due diligence and advisory services in order to help our clients make the best decisions to maximize their oil and gas investments.
- Review division of interests, revenue and joint interest billing decks.
- Analyzing and interpreting oil and gas curative and title.
- Review oil and gas leases for key provisions.
- Review well files and well production; determine if leases are held by production.
- Review right-of ways, surface use agreements, easements, and damage settlements.
- Review data from subscription-based and public sources such as the Texas Railroad Commission, NDRIN or DrillingInfo.
- Interpret basic provisions of contracts affecting client's leasehold, including farm-ins/farm-outs, joint development agreements, joint operating agreements, unit agreements, and acreage swaps.
- Calculate working interest, net revenue interest, net acres and mineral interest.
- Identify title defects, as defined by the project terms.
- Aid in preparing closing documents and post-closing materials for due diligence projects.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the project lead.
- Advanced understanding of the Oil & Gas regulatory framework and active well regulatory compliance.
- Advanced understanding of lease and well exhibits.
- Intermediate understanding of data management.
- Good verbal/written communication skills to be able to correspond with managers, colleagues and clients via phone, email, and in person.
- Able to research, interpret, and synthesize complex data and report on a spreadsheet or database.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good time management skills, allowing for pro-active planning and prioritization.
- Able to multitask in a fast paced office environment.
- Able to be flexible and adaptable to various work situations.
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Juris Doctor (J.D) from an accredited university or college.
- Minimum 2 years of experience as an Attorney, Landman, or related field.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of programs (i.e. Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Able to read, write, and speak the English language fluently.
- Able to work in an office setting and operate a computer and other office productivity machinery frequently as well as perform minimal lifting on occasion.
This Project is seeking consultants.
This is not a remote position.
This position does not require travel.
Project Salary - Hourly
Minimum Range In Dollars:
Maximum Range In Dollars:
- Contract Attorney
To apply for this project, log in as a consultant and search for the Project ID number.
Sign Up Now