Join ExtendMyStaff TodaySign Up Now
This is a contract position.
- Manage the prosecution of approximately 1,000 tax cases pending in two specific district courts assigned to the senior paralegal by the litigation attorney.
- Monitor the service status of each defendant, and secure proper service on all defendants sufficient to obtain a valid and enforceable final judgment in the proceeding.
- Prepare all pleadings necessary to obtain a valid and enforceable final judgment in the proceedings.
- Correspond, discuss with or meet with taxpayers and defendants as necessary to prosecute such cases and collect the delinquent taxes and fees which are the subject of the suit
- Obtain a trial setting under the procedures established by the court.
- Draft a final judgment for submission to the court.
- Attend trial of hearings in each matter as requested by the litigation attorney.
- Monitor and assist in any post – judgment motions or proceedings until sale of the property as requested by the litigation attorney , contact client taxing jurisdiction as necessary to manage trial evidence, coordinate discovery or witnesses, research accounts, etc.,
- Maintain close communication with the clerks of the courts to facilitate the setting and resolution of cases.
- Perform other duties assigned by the litigation attorney.
- Comprehensive understanding as far as team policies and legal process
- Ability to work with and knowledgeable about working with clients
- Ability to understand and work towards team goals
- Sharpened sense of communication: verbal and written
- Well versed, able to work independently and utilized given resources
- Well organized in taking and processing information
- Ability to clearly communicate with others
- Ability to work as a team player
- Punctuality and good attendance is necessary
- Working independently and productively without close supervision
- All other duties as assigned
- High school degree required, some college or college degree is PLUS
- Previous legal experience preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English is a PLUS.
- Paralegal certificate is a PLUS.
This Project is seeking consultants.
This is not a remote position.
This position does not require travel.
Project Salary - Hourly
Minimum Range In Dollars:
Maximum Range In Dollars:
To apply for this project, log in as a consultant and search for the Project ID number.
Sign Up Now