Join ExtendMyStaff TodaySign Up Now
This is a contract position.
- Assist in developing and managing the implementation of Company’s privacy program, including development and maintenance policies and procedures, compliance materials, and employee training;
- Advise on the global data protection regulatory framework, including the requirements of the EU General Data Protection Regulation;
- Managing the Company’s Privacy Shield certification;
- Review and advise on contracts involving the collection, protection, transfer or and use of data;
- Develop and maintain an incident response plan in collaboration with the Company’s IT security team;
- Assist with data and security incidents and breach responses;
- Partnering closely with and advising the Company’s HR, IT security, product and business teams on privacy and data protection-related matters, including privacy by design;
- Monitoring significant legislative and regulatory activity, legal developmentsand industry guidelines involving data privacy and security;
- In collaboration with other departments (e.g., Information Security, Quality, and Finance) establish an internal privacy and data protection monitoring and audit program and providing support for the same;
- Provide informational updates to senior leadership and Board of Directors.
Minimum of 12 years of experience either in-house with a multinational, publicly traded company or with a mid-tier or large firm, with a least 5 years in a role(s) requiring in-depth knowledge of data privacy/data protection laws and regulations in at least the US and EU, preferably as counsel to software or technology companies.
Experience in drafting, implementing, and managing corporate data privacy and protection policies. Ability to effectively engage with leaders at all levels and collaborate across functions to achieve workable solutions that meet business needs while effectively managing risk. Excellent interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills.
High level of professionalism and integrity with sound legal and business judgement. Detail orientated with strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously while maintaining high quality and performance under pressure. Willingness to learn new areas and take on new responsibilities within the Legal Department as the need may arise.
JD degree from an ABA accredited law school
- Admission to at least one State Bar and in good standing;
- APP membership with certifications such as CIPP/US, CIPP/E and/or CIPP/M (or comparable) is beneficial but not required.
This Project is seeking consultants.
This is not a remote position.
This position does not require travel.
Project Salary - Hourly
Minimum Range In Dollars:
Maximum Range In Dollars:
- Contract Attorney
To apply for this project, log in as a consultant and search for the Project ID number.
Sign Up Now