Join ExtendMyStaff TodaySign Up Now
This is a contract position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Special Project worker who serves as an Assistant Public Defender for the Juvenile Public Defender division.
- Performs legal research. Searches resources and studies legal records and documents to obtain information applicable to case or issue under consideration.
- Drafts briefs, motions, orders, subpoenas, contracts and other legal documents, as well as correspondence and reports.
- Oversees the creation and issuance of legal documents, including subpoenas, motions, orders, writs, warrants, Serves as an Assistant Public Defender.
- Prepares cases for trial. Collects, organizes and prepares evidence, information and other legal materials.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Attorney : J.D./LL.B. from an accredited law school.
Licenses, Registrations, Certifications, or Special Requirements:
Licensed to practice law in the State of Texas.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Jurisprudence, criminal family and civil law and procedures, including constitutional and statutory law.
- Federal, State, Local and County applicable laws, rules, regulations and guidelines.
- Methods and practices of pleading cases and of effective techniques for presentation of cases in court or to effectively present facts and precedents verbally and in writing in law related matters.
- Policies, practices, procedures and legal terminology related to court system.
- Computer equipment to include word processing, spreadsheets, databases and a variety of software packages.
- Business letter writing, grammar and punctuation, and report preparation.
- Problem-solving and decision-making.
- Analyzing and appraising facts, policies, procedures and legal precedents in area of specialty.
- Both verbal and written communication, including presentations.
- Conduct legal research and analysis, both manually and electronically.
- Present facts, precedents and arguments verbally and in writing and apply negotiation skills.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Work independently.
- Manage time well and perform multiple tasks, and organize diverse activities.
- Work well under pressure and exercise tact in trying situations.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with departmental clientele, representatives of outside agencies, other County employees and officials, and the general public.
This Project is seeking consultants.
This is not a remote position.
This position does not require travel.
Project Salary - Hourly
Minimum Range In Dollars:
Maximum Range In Dollars:
- Contract Attorney
To apply for this project, log in as a consultant and search for the Project ID number.
Sign Up Now