Join ExtendMyStaff TodaySign Up Now
This is a 30-40 hour per week contract assignment available for 2-3 months. The ERISA/benefits attorney must work on-site at the client’s office, which is located in the northern area of the Metroplex.
- Performing analysis and risk management for subsidiary entities
- Providing support for M&A transactions, including diligence, drafting appropriate representations, and overseeing transition of employees
- Amending plan documents and drafting corporate approval for internal employee benefits and compensation programs
- Researching “top hat” plan tests from case law for ongoing nonqualified deferred compensation plan operation for exemption from most ERISA provisions (fiduciary, vesting, etc.)
- Analyzing current and proposed compensation plans and arrangements across the firm for compliance with Code Section 409A
- Drafting and reviewing employee communications and required participant disclosures (e.g., summary plan descriptions, summaries of benefits and coverage, COBRA notices, ACA reporting, etc.)
- Supporting ERISA claims and appeals processes and responding to ERISA document requests
- Researching and analyzing operational questions concerning employee benefit plan compliance (retirement, nonqualified deferred compensation, health and welfare, wellness programs, etc.) and specific employee questions/issues
- At least three years of experience with ERISA/benefits in either a corporate or law firm setting
- Knowledge in a variety of employee benefits
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Solid academic credentials from a top law school
- Must have an active law license
This Project is seeking consultants.
This is not a remote position.
This position does not require travel.
Project Salary - Hourly
Minimum Range In Dollars:
Maximum Range In Dollars:
- Contract Attorney
To apply for this project, log in as a consultant and search for the Project ID number.
Sign Up Now